Friday, 28 August 2015

BREAKING NEWS!! Fire Hits Saraki’s Residence

In early morning of August 28, Friday, the fire has hit the residence of the Senate president Abubakar Bukola Saraki.

The fire happened at the Abuja home of Saraki in the Maitama area of Abuja.

Senate president is still living in his personal house. The incident was confirmed by Saraki on his Twitter handle.

Some residents of the sprawling edifice raised the alarm when they noticed a heavy smoke inside the gymnasium of the senate president.

Confirming the incident the special adviser to the Senate president on Media and Publicity, Yusuph Olaniyonu, said the incident was caused by an electric spark from one of the air conditioners in the gymnasium of his principal.

He clarified that Saraki had been duly informed of the incident, adding that nobody was injured in the process.

Bukola Saraki of the All Progressives Congress (APC) emerged as the new Senate president after the country’s main political parties struck a power-sharing deal in the upper chamber.