Friday, 23 October 2015

AT LAST... Former Minister, Abba Moro Lands In EFCC Net Again

Patrick Abba Moro, the former Minister of Interior, has again reported at the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on Thursday, October 22.

Moro arrived at the commission by 11.00 am and left at 4.20 pm after he was interrogated by officials. He was interrogated earlier on Tuesday, October 20, following the failed immigration recruitment of May, 2014, The Punch reports.

According to a top operative of the commission, Moro was asked to go on administrative bail after he was interrogated on Tuesday and was told to return on Thursday, October 22, for the continuation of the exercise.

It was further stated that the commission would continue with the investigation into the recruitment exercise which led to the death of 19 Nigerians across the country.

The EFCC had reopened investigations into the recruitment scandal with the interrogation of David Paradang, the immediate past Comptroller General of Customs, on September 15, 2015.

Paradang was said to have made statements in his defence which made it necessary for the EFCC team to interrogate more people in relation with the incident.

The commission is probing how the sum of N600m collected from the applicants who indicated interest in recruitment exercise was spent.

A top operative of the commission said that the operatives were taking their time to investigate those believed to have part in the recruitment exercise.Meanwhile two years after the tragic incident of the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) recruitment, the permanent secretary of the ministry of interior, Alhaji Abubakar Magaji, has disclosed the reason behind the halt in the directives on the employment of bereaved families.

The permanent secretary said the inability of the NIS ill-fated recruitment victims’ relations to commence work after issuance of appointment letters was necessitated by “procedural errors” which was caused by the presidential committee on the NIS tragedy.