Get all your News, Latest Jobs In Nigeria | Current Jobs Available - 10 Of New Jobs Added Daily‎ - Notification is our JOB at Chat212 NIGERIA

Wednesday 25 November 2015

"I Am Already Tired" Gov El-Rufai Complain About The Strain Of Governance

Governor Nasiru El-Rufai of Kaduna has said that he is tired of being governor already as there are lots of herculean tasks to address.

Premium Times reports that the governor said this at the just-concluded Ake Arts and Book Festival which took place in Abeokuta, Ogun state.

The governor who was part of a discussion panel said his position as governor has not provided him with the opportunity of reading.

“In the last two years, I have been busy with opposition, new political party and elections. I used to read a book a week when I was less busy. But now, I just read files and documents and so on. My advice to anyone that thinks being governor is nice, don’t try it. You don’t get to read; you don’t have a life.”

El-Rufai said he had been busy trying to correct all the wrong done by the previous administration.

“We are negotiating contracts that were awarded. Some of them were excessively inflated. We are recovering monies that had been paid for work not done. We are doing so because we are more interested in recovering the monies than humiliating and exposing the people that did it.”

“Frankly speaking, five months as governor, I am already tired. I honestly do not think that anyone who wants to do this job seriously can do it for more than four years and not burn out. When I look at some of my colleagues, some are putting on weight, they are looking nice, I ask them, ‘how do you do it?”

The Ake arts and book festival is an annual literary celebration meant to commemorate Nobel prize writer, Wole Soyinka.
Share:
google.com, pub-5938728315920271, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

Blog Archive

RECENT POSTS

Support