Thursday, 19 November 2015

We Heve Curtailed Terrorists' Freedom Of Movement – NAF

Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, the Chief of Air Staff (CAS), has assured Nigerians that the Boko Haram menace will soon come to an end because the military have degraded terrorists’ capacity and restricted their movement to carry out dreadful attacks.

Leadership reports that Abubakar gave the assurance while declaring open a two-day workshop on ‘Enhancing Service Delivery in the Nigerian Air Force (NAF)’ in Abuja.

“I wish to use this opportunity to reassure the entire nation that the NAF remains fully committed to the successful execution of her constitutional roles in the ongoing war against insurgency and terrorism.

“So far, the air operations in the north-east are creating the enabling environment for the Nigerian army to move unhindered in the induct of their operations.

“We have degraded the capacity of the terrorists and curtailed their freedom of movement and ability to carry out marauding firearms attacks against innocent citizens in town and villages in the north east. God willing, they will never move freely again to slaughter our citizens or capture our military units,” he said.

According to the CAF, ‎discussions and resolutions at the workshop will help to make the air force a more effective and efficient instrument of national power.

Earlier in his speech, Joseph Gbum, the chief of policy and planning, explained that the workshop was organized to ensure that the NAF administrators are well informed on their respective roles through service delivery, enhancing NAF capability to fulfill its constitutional roles.

A few weeks ago, the air force carried our successful operations to further degrade the assets of the Boko Haram sect. The NAF Alpha Jets carried out air strikes and destroyed the terrorists’ vehicle workshops, fuel and ammunition dumps all within the Sambisa forest.

However, Boko Haram militans are not going to lay down arms. On Wednesday, November 18, multiple explosions rocked a popular mobile phone market in the ancient city of Kano. Twenty dead bodies were evacuated from the scene of the mayhem which was said to have been perpetrated by teenage suicide bombers.