Friday, 11 December 2015

Breaking News: Boko Haram Attacks Cameroon

The supposed Boko Haram members have killed at least 8 people while injured in a suicide bombing on December 11 in Cameroon’s Far North region.

The attack was carried out in Kolofata, which has been attacked in the past.

The suicide bombing came nine days after another in Waza, in which three people were killed, excluding the three bombers.

Local officials said: “There were two suicide bombers. Only the first bomb exploded.”

Last week, Cameroon’s army said it had killed 100 members of the group and freed 900 hostages.

The reports appeared today that one of the key Boko Haram leaders was nabbed by Cameroonian army.

Together with Chad, Niger, Nigeria and Benin, Cameroon contributed soldiers to an 8,700-strong regional task force dedicated to fighting Boko Haram.

President Muhammadu Buhari announced this week in Abuja that the return of persons displaced by the Boko Haram insurgency to their home communities will begin early in 2016.