Get all your News, Latest Jobs In Nigeria | Current Jobs Available - 10 Of New Jobs Added Daily‎ - Notification is our JOB at Chat212 NIGERIA

Tuesday 29 December 2015

Terrible: Woman Pours Hot Water On Neighbour

Officials of the Isheri division of the Lagos state police command had arrested one Esther Williams for pouring hot water on her neighbour, identified as Mabel Enwongomfon–Umoh.
The Punch reports that the victim who is a nursing mother suffered severe burnt in parts of her body including her breast and abdomen. The incident which happened on December 24, reportedly left her unable to breastfeed her baby since the incident occurred.

It was gathered that Esther who is in her late 30’s, had a tiff with the 27-year-old nursing mother, and in the process poured a bucket of hot water on her in their rented apartment.

Reacting to the incident, Umoh, the victim’s husband said Esther tried to escape after inflicting burnt on his wife but was able to hold and hand her over to the police

The victim who spoke with newsmen said Esther was involved in a fight with her co-tenants in front of her apartment. She said the accused bathing her with the hot water had nothing to do with their tiff.

“My neighbour’s brother and his girlfriend were fighting and they pushed themselves to the front of my door. When I could not cope with the disturbance again, I went outside to call the guy’s sister to come and separate them or make them leave our entrance.

“As I was going back to my room, Williams, who had nothing with the fight, asked why I called the sister, saying I was interfering in something that did not concern me. I told her that they were fighting in front of my room, but she pushed me. I was surprised because we never had a quarrel before then. That was how we started shouting on each other,” she said.

She further hinted that it was even the noise from the fight that called her husband’s attention from the room. She said her husband came out to separate them and they were already going back to their apartment when Mabel ran into her room to carry the bucket of hot water and poured it on her.

“I was in the front while my husband was behind me. Suddenly, she went into her room and came out with a bucket and poured the content on me.

“I have been in serious pain since then, and I have not been able to breastfeed my two-month-old baby, who is my second child,” she said.

A source within the police who confirmed the incident said Esther blamed the devil for the act. The source said she would be charged to court.

When the state’s spokesman, DSP Joe Offor, was contacted, he said he would contacted the DPO of the division for confirmation.

In a related development, a young man is wanted by police in Lagos state after he allegedly stabbed his lover to death during a fracas on Christmas Day.
Share:
google.com, pub-5938728315920271, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

Blog Archive

RECENT POSTS

Support