Tuesday, 2 February 2016

Breaking News: Six killed in Boko Haram fresh attack

The deadly Boko Haram sect continued its deadly attacks in Borno state.

In a fresh attack on Goniambari village in Kaga local government area six people were killed while one resident received gunshot injury.

The sources said the terrorists also set ablaze some houses and cars using Improvised Explosive Devices and petrol bombs before looting foodstuffs and livestock.

In a related development the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has said it has continued aerial bombardment of Sambisa forest, with over 280 operational strikes organised against the insurgent targets in the area in the last one month.

Air Vice Marshal Oladayo Amao, the deputy Air Theatre Commander of Operation, Lafiya Dole, said that the air raids and bombardments were led by the air component of the operation Lafiya Dole in the north-east.

He said that the current air operations and surveillance within the theater of operation in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe states were strengthened between December 2015 and January 2016 towards wiping out the deadly sect.

Several other air bombardments were carried out in and around the Sambisa forest region, further reducing the capacity of the insurgents.

Goniambari village is south and 15 kilometres from Beneshiekh, the council headquarters of Kaga local government of the state. Kaga is  about 80 kilometres from Maiduguri, the state capital.

The Boko Haram during last week several times attacked the capital of the state.

Just this morning another onslaught reported in Bulabulin-Umarari, two kilometers outside of Maiduguri, and Muna Garage within the city.