One Mr Sunday Adoba on Monday said about 40 abducted Chibok schoolgirls were handed over to Mala Yamari by Boko Haram insurgents.
Adoba stated this when he played host to Channel TV Sunrise Daily programme, monitored in Abuja.
According to him, those who provided the latest information on the whereabouts of the missing schoolgirls are ever willing and ready to take the authorities to the location, and that the girls are now living under trees.
He further revealed that the military authorities are aware of the location of the abducted girls, adding that they were told not to drop bombs where the Chibok girls were located.
He said, “Well, we did our best, we provided this information to the authorities. These girls, 40 in number were brought to so, so location. They were handed over to Mala Yamari. If it is within and there were able to find out, yes, but if no, I wouldn’t know.
“The truth remains, that they were brought there, and since they were brought within the past two weeks the number has increased.
“We monitor most of these things. But the fact remains that those who provide this information are ever willing and ready to take you physically to this area. So it’s not an issue of hearsay. But this people are willing and ready to take you to where they are located.
On why government authorities are yet to work with the information, he said, “Well, the authorities have 1001 sources of information. They might not believe what we have been giving them and so decided not to use it but I know from little intelligence, every little information is important. You must follow it to the last till you find out, no it is or it is not a valuable information.”
LEADERSHIP recalled that the Chibok school girls were abducted by Boko Haram terrorists on April 14, 2014 and have since then been in captivity for the past 848 days.