Registrar of the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board, JAMB, Professor Dibu Ojerinde has directed universities in the country to verify the SSCE results of candidates seeking admission only and not to weigh them.
According to JAMB, the admission portal will be opened on or before Monday, 11th July 2016.
Here are the guidelines as released by JAMB for admission into tertiary institutions in Nigeria published on its website on Monday.
“Sequel to the recent workshop convened by the Honourable Minister of Education on the modalities for admission into the tertiary institutions in Nigeria, the federal government hereby approves the following guidelines for admissions:
1. Presentation of the lists of candidates who qualify for screening into individual institution based on the stipulated guidelines by JAMB (find hereby enclosed).
2.Screening should not demand for another test in any form either written , oral or electronic.
3. Candidates are to present their SSCE results/Advanced Level (AL) results for verification and clearing purposes.
4. WAEC, NECO, NABTEB results or equivalents are acceptable as matriculation requirements.
5. Each candidate is expected to have a minimum of 5 credits at SSCE including English Language, mathematics and any other 3 relevant subjects to his or her discipline.
6. Any candidate who does not possess the requirements as listed in item (4) above is deemed to have failed the screening process.
7. The lists of candidates awaiting SSCE/AL results can be kept in view (K.I.V) pending the release of their results.
8. Consideration of the recommended lists as forwarded by JAMB should be completed one month from the receipt of such list.
9. Any institution that has a shortfall in the admitted candidates can make-up for candidates from other departments on the institution’s list.
10. The screening list has been uploaded on JAMB website for possible users. Visit www.jamb.org.ng.
11. Reason (s) for rejection of candidates on the screening list should be stated with proofs alongside, and
12. The federal government has directed that these guidelines are strictly adhered to without any alteration.
By these guidelines as stated above by JAMB, all university aspirants should bear in mind that ONLY JAMB can forward your name to your school for admission consideration. Nothing like PUTME this year.
Again, there will be shopping forms and those who are not admitted on merit may be admitted into other departments.