Get all your News, Latest Jobs In Nigeria | Current Jobs Available - 10 Of New Jobs Added Daily‎ - Notification is our JOB at Chat212 NIGERIA

Tuesday 2 September 2014

We shoot to frighten, not to kill Suspect

The Lagos State Police Command has arrested a gang of suspected armed robbers for allegedly robbing and snatching cars in different areas of the state.

Our correspondent gathered that the members of the three-man gang were Musibau Ayinde, Isiaka Afolabi and a man, identified simply as Baba Ibeji, who the police said was still at large.

Chat212 learnt that the gang members were arrested by the Special Anti-Robbery Squad on Monday, August 18 in the Ojuelegba area of Lagos, while heading for an operation.

The police said the gang had two guns, which were usually supplied by Baba Ibeji, who was also said to be the gang leader. It was learnt that the two guns had yet to be recovered.

Twenty-five-year-old Ayinde from Oke Ode, Kwara State, told our correspondent that during any robbery operation, he only handled a gun, but had never killed anyone.

He said, “I dropped out of secondary school. I was formerly living with my parents in Oyingbo before they died. It is true that I followed Baba Ibeji on robbery operations. We went out on three different occasions. He taught me virtually everything I know in this job, including how to shoot a gun, but I have never killed anyone. We only shoot to frighten people away.”

Ayinde, who lived at Okobaba Street, Oyingbo, added that he made N80,000 from the operations he participated in.

“We snatch vehicles. We are a four-man gang, led by Baba Ibeji. He gave me N80,000 from one of those operations. I bought phones and clothes with it. It was when my parents died that I joined the gang. That was about two years ago.”

The second gang member, 28-year-old Afolabi, who hails from Offa, Kwara State, said he had gone with the gang on three occasions, and had made about N35,000.

He said, “I knew Baba Ibeji through Musibau. We went together for robbery on three occasions. I made about N35,000. I bought clothes and also took care of my family from the proceeds.

“On one occasion, Baba Ibeji asked me to collect money from one of the people he had sold a stolen car to. I didn’t know the police were already on our trail. Only God saved me that time.

“But this time around, we were on snatching a vehicle when the police appeared on the scene and arrested us. If God saves me from this, I will never rob again.”

The Lagos State Deputy Police Public Relations Officer, Lelma Kolle, confirmed the arrest of the gang, adding that investigations were ongoing on the case.

He said, “Two members of a gang were arrested by the Special Anti-Robbery Squad. They are a gang of notorious car snatchers. Investigations are ongoing on the matter.”
Share:
google.com, pub-5938728315920271, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

Blog Archive

RECENT POSTS

Support