Get all your News, Latest Jobs In Nigeria | Current Jobs Available - 10 Of New Jobs Added Daily‎ - Notification is our JOB at Chat212 NIGERIA

Monday 18 September 2017

After banned from driving, fined £300,000

Wayne Rooney has come out to say...

He said:
'Following today's court hearing I want publicly to apologise for my unforgivable lack of judgement in driving while over the legal limit. It was completely wrong.

Wayne Rooney faces a heavy fine from his club Everton after pleading guilty to drink driving
He was banned from driving for two years and given 100 hours community service
Rooney also faces a fine of £300,000 from Everton - the equivalent of two weeks' wages


Rooney set to be fined £300,000 by Everton after he pleads guilty to drink driving in a woman's car after night out 

Wayne Rooney faces a heavy fine from his club Everton after pleading guilty to drink driving after a night out in Manchester. Rooney admitted the offence on Monday morning after he was stopped by police on September 1 while giving a woman he had met at a bar in Alderley Edge a lift home. His breath reading was 104mg of alcohol per 100ml of blood. The legal limit is 35mg. 

He was banned from driving for two years and given 100 hours community service by the magistrates' court for the offence, and will get a hefty punishment from his team as well.

Following the verdict, former England captain Rooney released a public statement apologising to Everton and his family for his actions.



'I have already said sorry to my family, my manager and chairman and everyone at Everton FC. Now I want to apologise to all the fans and everyone else who has followed and supported me throughout my career.

'Of course I accept the sentence of the court and hope that I can make some amends through my community service.'
Share:
google.com, pub-5938728315920271, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

Blog Archive

RECENT POSTS

Support