Monday, 9 November 2015

Advancing Troops Clear More Boko Haram Camps

The Nigerian army today, November 9, announced that troops from 25 Task Force Brigade have destroyed more camps being used by the terrorist sect Boko Haram.

In a statement signed by Colonel Tukur Ismail Gusau, media coordinator, the military stated that in furtherance to the ongoing offensive operations to clear Boko Haram insurgents’ activities troops conducted clearance and confidence building operations in Bale along Bitta and Damboa axis.

“The Boko Haram terrorists on sighting the advancing troops towards their location, they fled in disarray abandoning looted food items and
other personal effects. These include a Grinding Machine, Dane Guns and Bicycles as well as Boko Haram terrorists’ hoisted flag which was brought down and destroyed the troops,” it said.

“The formation continues to dominate the area and in order to deny the terrorists freedom of action and frustrate their nefarious intents and acts.”
Major General Yusha’u Mahmood Abubakar, the theatre commander of operation Lafiya Dole, praised the troops for the achievements so far and encouraged them to keep the speed so that the deadline set to end Boko Haram terrorists’ activities in Nigeria could be achieved.

According to him the troops are in high spirit and their fighting efficiency remains very high.
One of the Boko Haram survivors, who recently narrated her ordeal to the newsmen, said that the most terrifying thing for the insurgents is Buhari’s deadline.

The president tasked service chiefs to end the insurgency in three months time.