Get all your News, Latest Jobs In Nigeria | Current Jobs Available - 10 Of New Jobs Added Daily‎ - Notification is our JOB at Chat212 NIGERIA

Saturday 23 November 2013

Standard Science CV Format - Curriculum Vitae

YOUR NAME


MY CAREER OBJECTIVE:

I am keen to begin a career in biomedical science. I am a recent graduate who combined studies with working and other commitments. In achieving this, I have shown myself to be self-motivated, committed and determined in achieving my goals,
come what may. I have also demonstrated negotiating and organizing skills, a firm sense of responsibility and my capacity to work hard under pressure. I possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and am able to relate to a wide range of people, as proven by my varied work experiences: in retail, catering, hospitality work, teaching and patient care.


EDUCATION:
2010-2013 THE UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS Biomedical Science BSc (Hons) 2:1







1st Year Subjects included:

    Enzymes and Introduction to Metabolism 63%
    Molecular and Cellular Biology I 67%
    Human Physiology and Disease 64%
    Skills for Bioscientists 58%
    Chemical Principles 55%


    2nd Year

    Pharmacology 63%
    Physiology 71%
    Medicinal Chemistry 68%
    Skills for Biomedical Scientists I 59%
    Gene Expression and Its Control 62%
    Infection and Immunity 66%

    3rd Year

    Advanced Immunology
    Pathogens and Pathogenicity
    Integrated Endocrinology and Metabolism
    Haematology and Blood Transfusion
    Skills for Biomedical Scientists II
    Topics in Medical Biosciences

    4th Year

    Advanced Immunology
    Integrated Endocrinology and Metabolism
    Haematology and Blood Transfusion
    Skills for Biomedical Scientists II

Practical skills gained during my degree
Preparation and identification of nucleic acids, protein isolation and separation by gel filtration, molecular modelling and computer analysis of kinetic data. Use of a haemocytometer, microscopic investigation, aseptic technique and bacterial isolation and cultivation.
Cell breakage, ELISA, immunoassays, spectroscopy, enzyme assays, protein purification, gene cloning, gas chromatography, HPLC and microscopy.
Well versed in sterile microbiological techniques allowing for the maintenance and growth of bacterial and yeast cell cultures, UV mutagenesis, western blot analysis, agarose gel electrophoresis, SDS-PAGE, DNA and RNA extraction and spectrophotometry. These were all key skills I had to master for my final year project (see below).

 Final Year Research Project. Title “The effect of molecular chaperones on the maintenance of a yeast prion [PSI+]”. Required that I work methodically with regards to health and safety regulations and pay close attention to detail in order to achieve accurate results.
2003-2010 St. Paul's Girls' School, London

A-levels: Chemistry B, Biology A, Maths C

GCSEs: 8 including Maths and English at grades A to C


SKILLS:

Research Dissertation Researched both in paper journals and on the Internet and library based research.
Teamwork I have successfully undertaken various team projects within both academic and non-academic environments.
Communication Oral communication skills expressed in presentations and in talking to the general public. Writing skills developed with essay writing. I also was a member of the editorial team for a school science newspaper.
As a sales adviser at BHS, I had to demonstrate knowledge of the different types of items sold and their uses, to be able to respond effectively to customer queries.
My degree course greatly enhanced my written and verbal communication skills due to the many presentations, assignments, posters, essays and projects required.
Willingness to learn I am keen to develop my understanding and acquire new skills through employment.
Problem solving I have the ability to problem solve, tested with continuous problem solving exercises given as assessments, which may require mathematical analysis and evaluation.
Computer skills Knowledge and experience of Windows 7, MS Word, MS Access, using email and the Internet.



INTERESTS:

  • I enjoy current affairs and travelling. I also enjoy hockey and was a member of the Kent University Hockey Club. The latter involved participating in activities, such as fun nights out and raising money for charity events, for example, in RAG week.

REFEREES:


Dr. Godwin Nwadikwe
Senior Lecturer
Department of Animal and Environment Biology,
Dalta State University
Tel: 080--------99.


Bar. Godwin Oge
Local Government Inspector,
National Youth Service Corps (NYSC),
Afuze, Owan East.
Tel: 080----------72


Mr. E.O. Alabi
Administration Officer,
Command Secondary School,
Abakaliki, Ebonyi State
Tel:0803--------07
Share:
google.com, pub-5938728315920271, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

Blog Archive

RECENT POSTS

Support