Get all your News, Latest Jobs In Nigeria | Current Jobs Available - 10 Of New Jobs Added Daily‎ - Notification is our JOB at Chat212 NIGERIA

Monday 17 March 2014

Father of 3 collapses after passing finish line in second place

Father-of-three lost consciousness after passing finish line in second place

Olympic champion Mo Farah collapses at the end of the New York half marathon: Father-of-three lost consciousness after passing finish line in second place...




The father-of-three, who won two golds at 2012 London Games, fell awkwardly around the six-mile mark but carried on and finished second. Then, at the finish line he temporarily lost consciousness in the freezing conditions. Immediately, his wife Tania (centre, and top right) rushed over and he was helped into a wheelchair. Interviewed afterwards, Farah said: 'When I fell, I fell pretty hard. I told myself "don't rush" but when I saw the gap, the gap was big. Conditions here today were very cold.'

Mo Farah collapsed and was taken away in a wheelchair after finishing second in the New York City half marathon on Sunday.

The double Olympic champion fell awkwardly around the six-mile mark but carried on and finished behind winner Geoffrey Mutai of Kenya in 61mins 8secs.

Farah, 30, was strong enough to pass and hold off third-placed Stephen Sambu from Kenya in a sprint finish, but then fell to the ground minutes after crossing the line and required medical attention.

Farah said: 'I feel good. I just tried so hard in the race. It's not a big deal.

'When I fell, I fell pretty hard. I told myself "don't rush" but when I saw the gap, the gap was big.

'Conditions here today were very cold. London won't be as cold as this.

'It would have been nice to win today, but he (Mutai) is a good athlete. Nothing changes for London - I will just keep training.'

It is understood he may have temporarily lost consciousness in the freezing conditions before being helped into a wheelchair.
Share:
google.com, pub-5938728315920271, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

Blog Archive

RECENT POSTS

Support