Get all your News, Latest Jobs In Nigeria | Current Jobs Available - 10 Of New Jobs Added Daily‎ - Notification is our JOB at Chat212 NIGERIA

Wednesday 18 June 2014

Teacher jailed 14 years for raping student in Delta State

A 33‑year-old Fine Arts teacher, Godwin Onoyiwa, attached to Delta Career College, Warri in Delta State has been sentenced to 14 years imprisonment with hard labour by an Effurun High Court for raping a female
student of the school.

Sentencing the teacher, Justice P. Onajite‑Kuejubola said the court found him guilty on a one-count charge of rape preferred against him.

The judge stated: “This act is a dastardly act that must be discouraged and it must not go unpunished. Male teachers whose parents entrust their wards in their care must desist from such act. I hereby sentence you to 14 years imprisonment with hard labour.”
chat212.blogspot.com/2014/06/expect-us-again-soon-boko-haram-writes.html
Prosecution had, in proving its case, told the court that the offence was committed on September 23, 2008 after the usual extra lessons organised by the school for its students had closed for the day when the victim who was searching for her missing school bag was lured inside the teacher’s office. She was thereafter defiled by the randy teacher who overpowered her.

The rape victim (name withheld) in her evidence in chief told the court: “When I told him (teacher) that I was looking for my school bag, he asked me to wait in his office for him to get the keys to the classroom where my bag was. As I was waiting, he came and covered my mouth with his hands to prevent me from shouting and raped me. I even bit his hands.”
Share:
google.com, pub-5938728315920271, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

Blog Archive

RECENT POSTS

Support