Get all your News, Latest Jobs In Nigeria | Current Jobs Available - 10 Of New Jobs Added Daily‎ - Notification is our JOB at Chat212 NIGERIA

Wednesday 16 July 2014

I'm at Chelsea for trophies, Says Costa

Diego Costa has completed his move to Chelsea from Atletico Madrid
I'm at Chelsea for trophies, says £32m Costa after penning five-year deal
Diego Costa has set his sights on more silverware after completing his move to Chelsea. The Brazil-born striker has signed a five-year deal.

Diego Costa sets sights on silverware after completing £32million move to Chelsea

 ► Brazil-born striker signs five-year deal to tie him to Blues until 2019
 ► Chelsea triggered his £32million buy-out clause in his contract
 ► Costa helped Atletico to the La Liga title and Champions League final





Diego Costa has set his sights on more silverware after completing his move to Chelsea.

The Brazil-born striker helped Atletico Madrid clinch the La Liga title last season, while they were also beaten finalists in the Champions League.

Jose Mourinho failed to win a trophy in his first season back at Stamford Bridge, but Costa is confident he can help end the mini-drought in west London.

He said: ‘I am very happy to sign for Chelsea. Everybody knows it is a big club in a very competitive league, and I am very excited to get started in England with a fantastic coach and team-mates.

'Having played against Chelsea last season I know the high quality of the squad I am joining.

‘I would like to thank everybody at Atletico who made me into the player I am, it was an incredible time for me, but now I am starting a new adventure and I hope to win many trophies with Chelsea.’

Costa has long been linked with a switch to the Blues and the clubs agreed a fee early this month, with Chelsea meeting his buy-out clause reported to be worth £32million.

A statement on the club's website read: 'Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce Diego Costa has today completed his transfer from Atletico Madrid by signing a five-year contract.

'He will join up with the first team for our pre-season European training camp next week.'
Share:
google.com, pub-5938728315920271, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

Blog Archive

RECENT POSTS

Support