Get all your News, Latest Jobs In Nigeria | Current Jobs Available - 10 Of New Jobs Added Daily‎ - Notification is our JOB at Chat212 NIGERIA

Friday 7 March 2014

Cover Letter Sample Provided for guidance only

Covering letter Sample

Note: This Sample is provided for guidance only. The provided information, including samples and examples

This impressive letter is based on a real letter sent out by an Nigeria graduate. It demonstrates a lot of self confidence, plus evidence as to why this confidence is well-placed. It would not be suitable for every job and organisation, but it might be very effective in career areas where self-belief was paramount: marketing, advertising, investment banking and consultancy. Something like this could also be used as a personal statement or profile at the top of a CV.





                                                     Godwill Mundi
                                                     8 Russell Street
                                                     Cranford
                                                     Lancashire
                                                     MN22 8YY
                                                     Chat212@hotmail.com
                                                     7th August 2008

Mrs Joy Jenkyns
Personnel Manager
AJA Insurance
Hollbrook Avenue
Manchester
MN1 5BJ

Dear Mrs Joy

Please find enclosed my application form and CV for the post of trainee actuary as advertised on your agency’s web site.

In July 2008 I completed my final year at the University of Kent where I studied Actuarial Science. I have always had an interest in finance, and my degree helped to further this interest. The modules I took involved many aspects of the financial world, and in my final year I completed modules specific to Pension Funds and Life Assurance.

In my final year of my degree course, I completed a dissertation which involved analysing data on over 150 car dealers. In order for me to interpret the results based on this data, I taught myself how to use the SPSS statistical package. This has given me the confidence that I can rapidly learn new skills when required to do so. Overall, I have achieved 66% for this piece of work. Furthermore, the write-up required me to be competent in my use of computers, particularly in the use of MS Windows packages, including Excel and Word. I had to give a presentation of my results to students and staff for which I had to develop a PowerPoint presentation and learned to speak with confidence in front of an audience.

I have good experience of retail, having worked part-time for Tesco for over 3 years, in customer services, check out and shop floor posts. This experience has taught me the importance of ascertaining customers’ needs and providing clear and accurate information in response to those needs, and to work effectively in a team. When the situation demanded it, I was always able to manage myself well, take the initiative, work under pressure, and according to time constraints.

I also have good office and IT skills from my work experience with Lloyds TSB, and have developed strong customer service skills in these positions, dealing with customers both over the phone and in person. My voluntary work at the Canterbury Secondary School was particularly valuable as it taught me the importance of teamwork and communication with both children and adults.

Please find enclosed my CV. I am available for interview at any time and look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Yours sincerely

Godwill Mundi
Share:
google.com, pub-5938728315920271, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

Blog Archive

RECENT POSTS

Support