Get all your News, Latest Jobs In Nigeria | Current Jobs Available - 10 Of New Jobs Added Daily‎ - Notification is our JOB at Chat212 NIGERIA

Thursday 9 April 2015

Osunbor ex-governor of Edo State Joins APC - READ MORE



Osunbor ex-governor of Edo State Joins APC - READ MORE

Osunbor, who is also a professor of law, was governor of the state on the platform of the ruling party between 2007 and 2008 when he was withdrawn by the court Explains Why He Joins APC


Oserheimen Osunbor, ex-governor of Edo State, said he decided to leave the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the All Progressives Congress (APC) because the latter does not have the interest of the people at heart.

He was succeeded by the current leader of the state, Adams Oshiomhole, who was the aspirant of the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria.

Speaking at a rally where he officially dumped to the opposition, the ex-governor said: “sometimes in February 2012, I reflected on my journey in politics and realized that the people in my party at that time (PDP) did not have the interest of the people of Edo State in mind and that was why during that election I cast my vote in favour of the re-election of the Comrade Governor (Oshiomhole).

“I told all my supporters across Edo State to give their votes to him and what did we see – 18 over 18.

“I did that because I was convinced that the Comrade Governor has the interest of the ordinary people at heart but the people in my former party, the PDP, didn’t have the interest of the common man at heart.”

He also added that when local government poll were held in the state, he supported the ACN as it was known then and had been doing so since then.
Osunbor said he voted for the APC in the March 28 presidential poll and that upon reflexion, he completed that his friends were in the party.

“Why should I be in exile while my friends are in APC? So I decided to come home from political exile to realign with the Comrade Governor and APC in Edo State,” the former governor stated.

“The government at the Federal is APC and the government at the state is APC, what will you benefit if you vote for PDP?”

While welcoming Osunbor into the APC, Oshiomhole said: “Today for me is historic for several reasons. This is the first formal public display of the bond of unity, friendship and comradeship between Prof. Osunbor and Comrade Oshiomhole.

“I am sure you all know that I took over from Prof. Osunbor under very hostile condition and today it is to his credit, his large heart and my own purity of heart that whereas governors who smoothly change power today are at war against each other in many parts of Nigeria, in Edo State, the immediate past and the present are bonded together by the broom in a common commitment to work and sustain positive changes in our state and indeed in our great country.”

Apart from Mr. Osunbor, other politicians that dumped the PDP for the APC in Edo State comprised Emma Arigbe-Osula, a former deputy minority whip of the House of Representatives and a factional President of the Edo State Drivers Welfare Association, Adams Ehigiamusoe.

Both led their supporters to the APC.
Share:
google.com, pub-5938728315920271, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

Blog Archive

RECENT POSTS

Support